TakeMeFishing.org Advertising Guidelines
The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation (RBFF) strives to make TakeMeFishing.org a valuable resource for our audiences and so the core of the Web site is its user experience. This experience is continually reinforced by its distinct look &feel, functionality, personality, and utility. Thuseverything that exists within TakeMeFishing.org should conform andcontribute to the overall user experience, including the advertising.
RBFF is committed to protecting our user experience by keeping the site clean, uncluttered, and free from intrusive advertising. We strive to ensure the use of appropriate and tailored messages on our Web site that are based on specific boating and fishing interests and affiliated with the brands, organizations,and businesses that our users value.
RBFF provides the following guidelines to help you communicate more effectively with your desired audience. Please note that all advertising placed within TakeMeFishing.org must adhere to these guidelines, and RBFF reserves the right to reject any advertising that we deem contrary to our advertising philosophy or these guidelines. These guidelines are also subject to change at any time.
These guidelines are not intended as legal advice, but are a general statement of RBFF's advertising standards. RBFF encourages each advertiser and its agency to consult with legal counsel before seeking to place any display advertising on TakeMeFishing.org. Adherence to these guidelines a) does not guarantee acceptance of display advertising content for insertion on TakeMeFishing.org, and b) is not necessarily sufficient to meet the standards of local, state or federal laws.
1. Content restrictions
We do not accept advertising from entities debarred or suspended from doing business with the federal government (http://www.epls.gov/). In addition, we do not accept advertising referencing, facilitating or promoting the following:
2. Advertising language and image content
3. Copy representation
4. Copyrights and trademarks
(1) Collection of demographic and usage information from a user's computer without the user's expressed consent,
(2) Collection or request of usernames or passwords from any user,
(3) Proxying user names or passwords for the purpose of automating logins to the TakeMeFishing.org Community network,
(4) Any software that (i) "sneaks" onto a user's systemand performs activities hidden to the user, (ii) may alter, harm,disable or replace any hardware or software installed on user'scomputer without express permission from the user, (iii) is bundledas a hidden component of other software whether free or for fee,(iv) automatically downloads without RBFF's express prior approval,(v) presents any download dialog boxes without a user's expressedaction, or (vi) may violate or infringe upon the intellectualproperty rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark,patent or any other proprietary right
6. Grammar, spelling, and capitalization
8. Landing pages / Destination URLs
9. Prices, discounts, and free offers
10. Punctuation and symbols
11. Rich Media advertisements
13. Take Me Fishing references
It is the advertiser's responsibility to ensure that:
RBFF reserves the right, but is not under any obligation to:
Specifically, RBFF reserves the right to reject or retract, at any time, any advertising deemed to, in RBFF's sole opinion:
©2013 RBFF. All Rights Reserved