Thank you for your interest in the Take Me Fishing™ Scouting Patch Program. Unfortunately, the Scouting Patch Program has been suspended; therefore we will be discontinuing patch fulfillment, effective December 31, 2013.

Even though patches will no longer be distributed, troops or any other group of aspiring young anglers can still learn the basics of fishing, boating and water conservation through a variety of free information and programs offered by Take Me Fishing.

Here are some great youth fishing and boating participation resources on TakeMeFishing.org:

• Check out the Little Lunkers section which offers fun, fish-related games that help little anglers get ready to head out for a day on the water.
  • Learn how to fish, and how to make it fun in the Fishopedia section.
  • Watch ‘How To’ videos to learn knots, rigs and casting techniques. Read the Family Fishing section for tips on fishing with kids.

In addition, we have created these free tools for you to help implement a boating and fishing education program in your community:

• Passport to Fishing & Boating Program - a free educational tool that outlines skills, techniques and information that novices need to begin boating and fishing in their communities.
  • Take Me Fishing™ Event Planning Kit - a free step-by-step guide to planning, promoting and hosting successful fishing, boating and conservation events.
  • The Best Practices Workbook   will help you design and implement an effective boating, fishing or aquatic stewardship program. These actionable tools and templates are research-based and tested.

Let Take Me Fishing Help You Plan a Successful Fishing & Boating Trip

Find a place to fish and boat.
View map »

Helpful fishing hints, like how to cast.
Go to the fishing section »

Learn more about the fish you are trying to catch.
Check out the Species Explorer »

Get instructional tools and tips.
Download and print »

Learn about conservation of our nation's waterways
Learn more »

Stay safe on the water
Review our boating safety tips >>

Thank you for your interest and work you are doing to introduce a new generation of anglers and boaters to the water!